Sime Darby Transport (NZ) Ltd and our trading brands TWL, Transpecs, Hyster NZ, Palfinger NZ and Engineering & Plant Services are closely monitoring the current COVID-19 situation in what is a constantly changing environment.
With the 2 September 2021 elevation to ALERT LEVEL FOUR for Auckland, and ALERT LEVEL THREE for the rest of New Zealand - we now have best practices in place to maintain our services.
Our focus remains the health, safety and wellbeing of our team, customers and community, and to keep your business moving through the availability of essential parts, services and equipment.
As always, the dedicated Government website is the best source of up to date information: https://covid19.govt.nz/
As critical providers to New Zealand’s Transport & Materials Handling industries - a number of our businesses are categorised as Essential Businesses. Our focus is to support these organisations to keep essential goods moving through the availability of essential parts and equipment.
Current Status as at 2 September 2021:
The Essential Services we are currently maintaining are:
- TWL Parts Supply including our 3 warehouses
- Transpecs Braking Team
- Hyster Parts and Service
- Palfinger Parts and Service
- EAPS Christchurch
Please note that other business areas are being maintained with staff working remotely at home as per ALERT LEVEL 4 AND 3 requirements.
Auckland is still operating under level 4 and customer services will specifically involve:
- Maintaining communications availability to customers through our phone and website communications systems. Phone or electronic communication is strongly advised.
- Maintaining parts and equipment availability in a timely manner as best we can while ensuring maximum hygiene and social-distancing of 2 metres or more.
- Our branches will operate for essential services only with closed doors with access only granted to trade customers in the transport, materials handling / logistics and transport services space.
- Parts for Essential Services will remain available afterhours by contacting your local branch. An example of this is a VOR (vehicle off road). Protocols and distancing will remain enforced in these transactions.
The rest of New Zealand is operating under Alert Level 3:
- Team members who can work at home will be doing so. They will remain contactable by mobile or email in most cases.
- Parts orders or enquiries are by email or phone in advance only and parts pick up will be by arrangement, or via courier only.
- Contact Tracing will be required of all people who are on site and we ask that you supply your details when required.
- Customers who attend our parts and service environments are reminded of the social distances required by the Level 3.
- The use of face masks will be mandatory worn by all staff members in our workplaces.
We strongly encourage customers to email or phone in orders or enquiries. We can have goods delivered directly to you saving you time and limiting risk.
See CONTACT DETAILS further below.
Our branch contact information can be found HERE
Questions and Answers for Customers
Q. How are you responding to Coronavirus?
A. Employees and customers are advised to follow all health advice from authorities, this includes managing hygiene and may include self-isolation and restricting contact with other people as advised. For more information on COVID-19, please visit https://covid19.govt.nz/
Q. What is the impact on our operations, are we open as normal?
A. Our core priority is to ensure the safety of our team, customers and communities. We are currently operating as detailed above, while we continue to implement the necessary precautionary measures.
Q. Are we taking extra precautions around hygiene and cleanliness?
A. Every precaution is being taken to protect our people and business partners while maintaining our high standards of customer service. We have increased our cleaning and sanitation regimes across all work locations. All staff in Auckland who can work remotely will be doing so. We ask you to communicate by phone, email or website enquiry form to support social distancing.
Q. What will the impact be on equipment, parts and services?
A. We are very aware that our valued customers are looking to stay informed and engaged on any changes in supply for the products and services we provide. So far, we are not aware of any significant impact on availability or significant disruption to our supply chain. We will continue to monitor the situation, which is fluid, and will update you if changes occur. If necessary, we will prioritise customers who supply essential services to the community, e.g. hospitals and power.
Q. I have an order for parts or equipment with you, what will be the impact?
A. At present, there are no major impacts to current orders. We are closely monitoring the situation and your sales or service representative will advise you if anything changes.
Q. Will our Field Service coverage be maintained?
A. Our Field Service teams are available as detailed above.
Q. Do I have to come into a branch and do my transactions face-to-face?
A. We have a range of online enquiry forms and telephone-based options. This is the strongly recommended method of communication:
Use our tollfree numbers to make phone enquiries:
TWL - 0508 677 704
Transpecs - 0800 875 669
Hyster NZ - 0800 497 837
Palfinger NZ - 0800 725 346
Engineering & Plant Services - 0800 367 872
or, contact us on our normal landlines (see webpage ‘contact us’ sections).
Use our websites enquiry forms to send electronic enquiries:
Hyster NZ - https://www.hyster.co.nz/contact-us/
Palfinger NZ - https://palfinger.co.nz/contact-us/enquiry-form
Engineering & Plant Services - https://www.eaps.co.nz/contact-us/enquiry-form/
To Contact our Accounts Payable & Receivables Teams
We remain open for business and we encourage our customers to access our services by phone, email or web enquiry form where possible.